This catholic church is located in central Zürich on the western side of the Limmat river, one block east of Bahnhofstrasse.
I visited this church in September 2017 both during the day and after dark.
“mein gedächtnis ist mir nicht aus dem hirn geschlagen worden sag ich mir”
my memory has not been taken from my mind, I tell myself
These are some photos of the area around the church.
- Münzplatz 3, 8001 Zürich, Switzerland
- 700m / 10mins walk from Bahnhofplatz
- Rennweg – 6, 7, 11, 13
- Paradeplatz – 2, 8, 9 & N14
- Built around 1270 (Romanesque church)
- Rebuilt 1844 (Gothic revival church)
- Restored / rebuilt 1959 (original construction re-established)
- Discontinued as a church during the reformation – early 1520s and given to Augustiner Amt, an administrative body of the City of Zürich
- Currently one of the three medieval churches in the Lindenhof district of the city of Zürich.